So the kids are visiting at Grandpa Sam and Grandma Janet's place, and I decided it will be nice to work on projects and run errands without interruptions. Off to Lowe's I went for some more evil caulk(all caulk is evil).
On the way home, I stopped to get the oil changed in the Honda. First I couldn't find the hood latch and the 2 guys were chuckling and smiling indulgently at the dingy woman. Give me a break, when you drive the same car for 10 years, it takes a while to get used to the new one. I think the very nice gentleman there felt bad for laughing, so he gave me a nifty little card for a free "super express" car wash.
The car wash was on the way home, so I thought,"Why not? It's free." A seemingly pleasant looking woman came out and I showed her the card and said, "I'd like to use this please."
"Oh no, you don't want to do that. I can give you a better deal. It's Tuesday and ladies get 1/2 off."
I sat in my car quietly for a moment, trying to determine when 1/2 price became cheaper than free.
"Plus you can get a Silver Wash for only $13 something, and I'll give you and extra 3 dollars off for this card, and then it will only cost you $10.75. Isn't that great? That way we'll detail and use Armor All on the inside."
"No thanks, I'm sensitive to smells and prefer to maintain the inside of the car myself. I'd just like the basic free wash."
"Ok, that will be $10.75, pull up into the canopy."
"But....."
She's long gone, so I tried to explain it to the guy working the wash. He said to just drive through myself and it would be fine. By this time, I'm skeptical about the whole thing and just want to leave with my dirty car, but sadly, someone has pulled up behind me and there's no room to turn, so I wimped out and pulled into the wash. I pulled around afterwards and the lady runs out and demands $10.75. So I smiled and said,"I don't understand. I said I just wanted to use the free wash card and now it costs me $10.75 to drive my own car through the wash?"
"You don't want an upgrade? I told you it's a great deal."
"No"
So then she bellows, "She doesn't want it, she's just going to drive off! She's going to drive off!" The look on her face would've led one to believe I'd stolen a $50 car wash or something, and everyone in line and on the lot turns to look at the crazy lady just driving off. I drove off feeling like an idiot. I thought if they did a good job, I'd go there again. Now I think not. That lady scares me.
I think the guy at the oil place set me up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe that. Oh, good thing I wasn't there or I may have not been as nice as you. That's so weird that she was such a jerk about it. Oh well. Back to hand washing yourself, right?!? :)
No kidding! The kids need something to do.
Post a Comment