Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Samantha!


Look out church dances- here comes Sam! She is so excited to be turning 14, just in time for Youth Conference and lots of church dances.


For her birthday this year, she got an ice day- no school! William even took his morning meeting call at home and stayed to make his fabulous triple chocolate and fudge muffins for her. And of course she was tickled to have a day free to spend with her friends. After a quick shower and a few thousand text messages, she had arranged to meet some friends for a fun afternoon.We went to Mimi's with Callie and Hailey, met Debbie,the patient waitress, and enjoyed fried pickles and brownie fudge sundaes. Here's a shout out to Hailey- I promised to put her fabulous picture on the blog.


Then we grabbed Rebekah and went to Walmart. We played our silly shopping game; everyone gets $5 and draws a name, buys something fun, meets back in about half an hour and exchanges crazy gifts. I don't know about the girls, but I had a blast. The girls were so creative and clever with what they bought, and we had some good giggles. They gave each other some funny things, like free paint chips and Chuck Norris folders. Sam got a new pet dinosaur, Dutch Boy, a doughnut, some lotion, and paint chips. Her gifts fit her personality perfectly. Do her friends know her or what?



Afterwords the girls came over to the house and gossiped, texted and giggled until time for Young Women's. It was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with them and I am so glad Sam enjoys such good friends. The girls share a great sense of humor and I love to see the way Sam lights up when she laughs with them. Watching her today, I could tell she was really happy, and it made my heart sing. I hope she remembers this as a truly happy birthday.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great day! Sounds like you did! Happy Birthday again!

Tamara said...

What a sweet little baby picture of her! Sounds like a really great birthday!