Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Once there was a snowman...a PSA

So we saw this cute little snowman night light at Kohl's. The kids wanted to give it to Grandma for Christmas, and it was normally $19.99, on sale for $5.00, so we went for it. It's a cute little guy, as you can see:



She'll love it, right?
Last night Sam and I were showing William what'd we'd bought, and I thought it'd be a good idea to plug it in and make sure it works before we give it to her. So Sam takes it out and tries to plug it in. "Mom, I can't plug it in." So I look and see that she's trying to plug it in with the fat prong on the right. Oops, look again at the snowman:
Now look at the plug in:
See the problem? The only way to use this nightlight is if you plug it in upside down. And no, there's no way to rotate it or change it. No wonder they were such a bargain! I wonder how many they've had returned. So, if you go to Kohl's, you don't want a snowman nightlight. And- sorry Mom, it looked great in the store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is another option. You can take the face plate off your wall, and pull your outlet out and turn it upside down, and then stuff it back in and replace the plate. 60 seconds and 1 screw and wow! The problem is fixed, and the snowman stands right side up.

Yes, I married an electrical engineer and he has expanded my horizons greatly.

Teryl